Friday, November 9, 2012

My Bestfriend's Wedding

Wedding is always a happy occasion. I love weddings because they always bring out the best in the people. Weddings bring families, friends and well-wishers together to celebrate the special event with the loving couple.
I spent my summer in the Philippines this year. It was nice to be back home after 5 long years of being away from family and friends. Consequently, this year one of my BFFs finally decided to tie the knot. And since I came home without anyone knowing about it [except for 4 people], my visit came as a surprise to my friend Tess. The meeting brought back the "drama queens" in us. LOL.
I have known Tess for as long as I can remember and we have been friends for more than half of my life. She is one of the closest people who know me inside-out. She knows my weaknesses and my strengths. She rejoices with my achievement and cheers me up when I fail. And more importantly, she was there at my side when my Dad passed away giving me not only sympathy but moral support I needed during that time. She grieved and cried with my lost. She is one of the sisters I never had.
When I left and married the love of my life, I left with hope in my heart that someday, Tess will soon find her Prince Charming or the Frog just like I did. [By the way, I found my Charming Frog with my BFFs' great influence on my decision-making process, LOL]
And after 4 long years of waiting and hoping and praying [not necessarily in that order] she found Richard. The only man she vowed to spend the rest of her life with.
They finally got married last July 28th and I was there to witness her happiness.
With Richard and Bless our other BFF.

I was there to share her special moment that we both prayed hard for.

-------------------------------------------------------
An Open Letter to my BFF

Dear Tess,

Congratulations and Best Wishes. May God bless you both with a relationship as strong as your belief in the goodness of people... with loyalty as firm as our friendship and with trust as unshakable as your faith in God.

I want you to know that I am so happy for you that you finally found "the right guy" that you, Bless and me thought is either illusive or just urban legend. LOl. God is good as you always say and believe. And he never fails. He finally granted and answered your prayer. May He continue to bless your relationship and keep you both healthy, strong and in-love.

Thank you for the friendship Tess. There was not a day that I thought about you when I left. There was not a moment that I hoped that you finally find someone to grow old with. And there was not a day that I dreamed that someday I will be there to witness your wedding. And God is good... I was there to celebrate this wonderful moment in your life.

And as we continue to lead our separated lives, I want you and Bless to know that no matter how far away I am I will keep you and Bless in my thoughts and prayer.

I love you. Stay happy my friend.


----------------------------------------------





2 comments:

kulasa said...

you made me teary eyed in between laughters Ruthi! you never fail to make anyone's heart laugh and cry at the same time with happiness...you are a very dear friend and your sweetness is beyond compare...I love love love your bestfriend's love story...just wondering, were they the ones with you on your Hongkong trip at Salitype? blessed day sistah...to you and your frog hehehehe, psssttt my frog is cooking lunch while I am here staring at the monitor hahaha...

Judy SheldonWalker said...

My frog is on his lily pad (the couch) watching the news. Your sweetness is so touching.

Hugs and blessings!!

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover