Sunday, October 14, 2012

Who Knows?

"I prayed, and prudence was given me; I pleaded, and the spirit of wisdom came to me. I preferred her to scepter and throne, and deemed riches nothing in comparison with her, nor did I liken any priceless gem to her; because all gold, in view of her, is a little sand, and before her, silver is to be accounted mire. Beyond health and comeliness I loved her, and I chose to have her rather than the light, because the splendor of her never yields to sleep. Yet all good things together came to me in her company, and countless riches at her hands." - Wisdom 7:7–11

I used to tell my students... think with your heart and love with your mind. I don't know how I came up with that advise. All I know is that it made them think and shut up. If they did think with their hearts - who knows?

I had many made-up words that I put together that come handy when students, friends, family even strangers need one. I am not the "go-to-person-for-advises" kinda girl but it appeared to me that in most cases, I always play that role.

Then one day it dawned on me that my advises are working well for other people but me. I panicked. Who then could I ask when I need advise? Who knew?

That day too, I told my cousin what's going on not really hoping for a good advise. To my surprise, she told me something... nice words that made me feel better.

Then I asked... "how did you know that?" I was wondering. "How did you come up with such a wonderful advise?"

And she said..."well, you told me one day. Please try to remember these words I am telling you now because I know one day when it is my time to be in that situation, I may not find the right words to say to myself." Who could have known?

-------------------------------------------------------

Wisdom is not the ability to think of the right words to say but the grace to say the comforting words on the right time. Wisdom is the words spoken from the hearts!


Prayer
Lord, Give us your wisdom
so we may be able to think with our hearts.
Amen.




3 comments:

betchai said...

beautiful photos, Ruthi. they make you ponder to search from the heart.

Judy SheldonWalker said...

So so inspiring. I have to agree. If we all thought with the heart...Your first quote made me think of when God offered a gift to Solomon and he chose, of all things, wisdom!!

Blessings Ruthi!

⊱↫PreciousKD↬⊰ said...

Isn't that something that what you told your cousin is now reflected back to you? I like that..

Beautiful photos!

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover