Sunday, October 21, 2012

More powerful than sufferings

Because of his affliction he shall see the light in fullness of days; through his suffering, my servant shall justify many, and their guilt he shall bear. - Isaiah 53:11

Like a fallen leaf...
suffering scares us out of our wits
for the unknown can be dreadful.
Like a torn and tattered leaf...
suffering can wear our spirit out
for the pain can be sometimes unbearable.
Like a lone leaf left on the ground...
suffering sometimes feels like we are on our own
for the loneliness brought by it can be fearful.
And like the fallen leaves of autumn,
suffering can also be a blessing on its own
for we also know that despite the unknown, the pain, the loneliness -
through acceptance...
the power of prayers...
and God's love... healing will come!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

October is the National Breast Cancer Month
Today I stumbled upon one special blog about  Leaves for Leontien to support one very special Blogger [whom I don't really know] who is battling an aggressive form of melanoma.

So today as a blogger, I support this effort to bring prayers and hope to Leontien because I believe that suffering doesn't discriminate anyone.

And today I know that Someone more powerful and who knows sufferings more than we can imagine is listening and will not ignore such effort.


 

Prayer
Lord,  I could have prayed for you to take away sufferings
but instead I pray that you give me your power to endure sufferings
for I know that I am not exempted from it.
Lord, I pray that when sufferings will come my way
I will have the strength to face it with a humble heart.
Amen.




7 comments:

It's me said...

I find it so sweet that you also join for Leontien….love Ria…xxx…

Beth Edwards said...

what a beautiful prayer for Leontien & so many others dealing with cancer. such love & support can be found out there in blog land. do take care. (:

⊱↫PreciousKD↬⊰ said...

I love this post, for what you wrote here is so true and wise.

Beautiful photos!

Judy SheldonWalker said...

Yes, I have to agree with you and Precious - it is so wise and true. I loved your reflection on fallen leaves. Fallen leaves nurture our earth making next year's lawns and garden rich and fertile. Everything serves a purpose and I pray we find ours. When serving His purpose we find fulfillment. God has something very special for Leontien that will be revealed.

betchai said...

so full of comforting and healing wisdom Ruthi, love your thoughts always. what a beautiful and meaningful prayer you have for Leontien.

Mumsy said...

Fantastic post, and your faith shine through..It's a good thing to have faith as it has carrying me through many many times..

Jim said...

Hi Ruthi ~~ This is such a nice post. I joined also (not on my blog) in your prayer for Leontien. I have a very good friend, a men's basket ball coach, who had breast cancer. He overcame, I pray that Leontien can.
..
Thank you for peeking in on my 'Succintly Yours' post.
..

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover