Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hindsight: The Classroom

I miss teaching. I miss being in the classroom. It’s been awhile since I had my last class. It’s been awhile since I made my last lesson plan. It’s been awhile since I last attended a school activity.

I miss school. I miss the noise that used to annoy me. It’s been awhile since I last freaked out in front of the class because my students were unruly. It’s been awhile since I last laughed my heart out because of some funny and crazy incidents and antics that my students were capable of doing. It’s been a while since I last got impressed by my students’ ability to do a task or two.

I miss my students. I miss my students despite the fact that they exasperate me. It’s been a while since I last had a meeting with a parent due to a student’s bad behavior. It’s been awhile since I last received a letter from my student telling me how I inspire her. It’s been awhile since I last had a heart to heart talk with a student who was pouring out her personal problems with me.

I miss my life as a teacher. I miss the classroom… the chalkboard… the chalk… the eraser. I miss my students… their innocent outlook in life… their thoughtfulness over simple things… their playfulness and unreluctant attitude towards doing new things… their inability to hold grudges on people who fail them. I miss a lot about my life as a techer. And having taught for 11 long years, I really need a lot of time to getting used to – the new life that I have now. I need to un-teach myself and get used to not being in the classroom for a long long while.

----------------------------Ruthilicious-------------------------------

Ruthilicious... absent in the Classroom, present in the Chatroom. She blogs when she is NOT Facebooking doing chores and she blogs while she is ALSO Facebooking doing chores.

To read more about her Teaching-Learning Experience... Click HERE.

2 comments:

betchai said...

yeah, the joys and pain of teaching high school, the kids can be very sweet sometimes, and sometimes can be a headache. though, whenever i feel down, i think of their sweetness and i am in high heavens. i love my kids, despite like what you said, sometimes, their noise annoys me :)

I-Love-Hate-America.Com said...

Why are you not teaching anymore, may I ask? I'm sorry that you missed it so much....maybe you can teach again.

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover