Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Success 101: The Definition of Success

Success is fundamental. To someone who works hard to achieve his dreams, success is ultimate. To someone whose life is geared towards success, it’s crucial to his existence. And to someone who dreams it, success is his life itself.

Success can be subjective. As a teacher, I witnessed how my students out-done themselves in terms of accomplishing their goals no matter how simple, small and irrelevant they were. I witnessed how their small achievements empowered them to work harder. And I witnessed too how failure to achieve their goals demoralized their weak souls.

As a teacher, I didn’t make “success” as part of my lesson plan. I didn’t teach success. I never taught them that success is synonymous to happiness. I never taught them that success is what life is all about. And I never taught them that success is the reward of education.

As a teacher, I taught them to live life to the fullest. I taught them to appreciate God’s blessing no matter how small they are. I just taught them how to dream “dreams”. But that lesson… is not strictly for my students only.

----------------------------Ruthilicious-------------------------------

Ruthilicious... absent in the Classroom, present in the Chatroom. She blogs when she is NOT Facebooking doing chores and she blogs while she is ALSO Facebooking doing chores.

To read more about her Teaching-Learning Experience... Click HERE.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Wise words, Ruthi--thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Betchai said...

very reflective thoughts Ruthi, I somehow grew up in a very competitive environment, so aside from being thankful to God for all the blessings, we also had to work hard and choose the path towards a long lasting happiness and stability. Living life to the fullest and at the same time preparing to live life to the fullest each day until the old age.

rainfield61 said...

To some people, success is having a lot of money.

To a simple-minded people, success is being happy.

blue sunset said...

"appreciate God’s blessing no matter how small they are"....such a beautiful line sis:)- kulasa -

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover