Wednesday, March 23, 2011

AHA Moment: The Teacher that I Am

I am a teacher by profession. I am a teacher by choice. I am a teacher by heart. I love teaching. Despite the fact that towards the end of my career I had some doubts if changing career was indeed the wisest decision I’ve ever made. I still love teaching because deep in my heart I know I have the same passion I used to have the first time I set foot in the classroom. I still love teaching because I can still feel that burning desire to be with the students and share my life experiences. I still love teaching despite the fact that my ideas are somehow clouded by my withered enthusiasm brought by the disillusions I encountered in the field.

When my corporate job was giving me persistent nightmares, caustic hallucination and unhealthy psychological rants… teaching was not really the career I had in mind. All I knew then was, I need a change of career, period! What kind of career? That, I didn’t actually know. I just need an alibi, perhaps to get out of the corporate jungle fast and easy so I took education units to justify that alibi. But little did I know that that decision will end my endless struggle for survival and will start a life I didn’t know exist.

----------------------------Ruthilicious-------------------------------

Ruthilicious... absent in the Classroom, present in the Chatroom. She blogs when she is NOT Facebooking doing chores and she blogs while she is ALSO Facebooking doing chores.

To read more about her Teaching-Learning Experience... Click HERE.

2 comments:

I Love-Hate America by Bing said...

You know, teachers with a passion like yours are amazing to contribute their time, their skills and their heart to mold children into responsible adults. My husband is a teacher too.

Self Sagacity said...

I am glad you found life after the corporate world. It's still murky for me.

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover