Friday, November 26, 2010

It's not enough

Thank you is enough... if we know how to say it whole-heartedly.
Thank you is enough... if we mean it with all honestly.
Thank you is enough... if we feel it in our gut.
Many times we say "thank you" because we know that it is the right thing to say. We say thank you even if we know deep inside that it is not true because we know that we are obliged to. And we say it because we just feel the need to say it.
But being grateful is a matter of decision that one has to make. Sometime our very heart dictates it. Other times our emotion runs it. And most of the time... we feel like saying it because we appreciate the blessings we received above and beyond what we truly deserved.

Prayer
Lord, thank you.
I know it is not enough but that's all I can say
I don't know how to show how much I appreciate
all the blessings you are pouring on me.
And saying "thank you" is the only way I know how.
So thank you.




8 comments:

Ginny said...

I love the little church with the beautiful trees. You are SO right. Thanksgiving is something in and from the heart, not just lip service!!

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

I think thank you needs to be said with a grateful heart and sorry needs to be said with a repentant heart. I dislike hearing sorry when it is not genuine.

Thanks for the flurry of comments. It was like an early Christmas!

Take care & God bless.

Icy BC said...

Ruthi, I couldn't agree with you more. You've said it beautifully!

rainfield61 said...

Thank you, for all your words.

DoanLegacy said...

Gorgeous photos, and a great reflection for today!

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Beautiful scenery. An idyllic setting.

Darryl and Ruth : )

Self Sagacity said...

Like they say, actions are louder than words. Sometimes it isn't enough to just say Thank you, you are so right.

I Love-Hate America by Bing said...

I love all of the photos here...nice shots.

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover