Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Power to Love

"... for God did not give us a spirit of timidity but a spirit of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7
We do not love because we feel like it but rather, we love because we feel it. We do not command someone to love us but rather, we are loved because we know how to give love to others. And we do not only have love but rather, we have the power to love.
Love can move mountain and it did happen many times. Love is powerful enough to change not only the world but the hardest of heart devoid of feelings and compassion for the heartless world. And love is the only thing that can change anything and everything.
To love or not to love? To love - is a decision. Not to love - is an option. At the end of a day... after one has made a choice... he still has to face the consequences of his action.

Prayer
Lord, teach me how to love unconditionally
Teach me how to love the way you love me
Teach me to make better choices
and teach me not to choose who to love.
Amen




8 comments:

Ginny said...

Beautiful pictures! Yes, I think even if we don't feel a certain way, we can think about it and will ourselves to. The mind can change the feelings to an extent.

rainfield61 said...

Oh, love is such a complicated thing.

I thought it is simple.

Lon said...

I love these photos, and the wonderful meaning of these words!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Ruthi, I love alot of things and alot of people in my life. But my love of Christ is all-powerful ... AND I found out what REAL love is when I married George... It's awesome... Thanks be to God for LOVE.
Hugs,
Betsy

Icy BC said...

Beautiful photos and wonderful words to ponder for the day, Ruthi!

betchai said...

"Love is powerful enough to change not only the world but the hardest of heart devoid of feelings and compassion for the heartless world"----so true Ruthi, have seen and experienced it many times, how wonderful your prayer is at the end.

Poetic Shutterbug said...

Such beautiful and inspiring words and photo. Love is inherent in all of us and we just need to grasp it and let it flow from our hearts. Beautiful post.

Self Sagacity said...

I am still praying too. This task is not hard when it comes to your own children, but when it comes to a unpleasant, etc...{all the bad words} it is extremely difficult.

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover