Friday, September 3, 2010

You've Got A Friend

When you're down and trubled
And you need some love and care
And nothin', no nothin' is goin' right
Just close your eyes and think of me
And soon I'll be there to brighten up
Yeah, even your darkest night
You just call out my name
And you know, wherever I am
I'll come a-runnin'
To see you again


Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yeah I will
You've got a friend


When the sky above you
Grows dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind
He begins to blow
Here's what you do baby
Keep your head together
And call my name out loud
And soon you'll hear me
Knockin' at your door
Oh yes I will, yes I will
You just call out my name
And you know, wherever I am
I'll come a-runnin'
To see you again


Ain't it good to know
That you've got a friend
People can be so cold
They'll hurt you and desert you
And take your soul if you let them
Oh, don't let them


You've got a friend, yes you do
You've got a friend, yes you do
Right till the end, for you
Ain't it good to know

Tes of Craftista

The saying... No Man is an Island is not just a saying.


It is not just a cliche. It is a fact.



We need friends and we need to be a friend.


Life is tough as it is. Friends make life a little lighter... a little fun... a little memorable.



Author's Note: This post is dedicated to my Salitype Society Sistahs who share common passion for the written words and the magic of photography. We are celebrating our 3rd Year Anniversary as virtual friends. A special kind of friendship that makes cyberworld rock. To all of you... thanks for the friendship.




10 comments:

Ginny said...

How very cool to see all your beautiful cyber-friends! What a lovely tribute to them and to friendship

Betsy from Tennessee said...

What a great post, Ruthi... Showing your friends is such a nice tribute.... Congrats on your friends in the Salitype Society...

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

rainfield61 said...

I thought I'll see my face finally.

Oh I did not.

Have a nice day.

Poetic Shutterbug said...

What a beautiful and touching tribute to your friends :)

betchai said...

Ruthi, wow, love your post, thanks so much for the tribute, it's so unique, now, seeing all your posts, I am running out of idea what to do with mine :) LOL this is wonderful ruthi, love it.

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

Ruthi, this is truly a touching tribute! Friends are priceless even cyber friends! Some of my best friends have been met online!!

Take care & God bless.

kulasa said...

wow! i didn't know about this until i read my email! thank you so much Ruthi! i love yah sis! You totally rock! mwah!

Tes said...

Ruthi, am deeply touched by this tribute! Very meaningful! Thank you for taking time to put this post together. Very creative! I love this song too, sis! Likewise, thank you for the friendship, Ruthi! *hugs* Happy Anniversary, Salitype! :)

Cher said...

yes, i've got a friend in YOU! thank you so much for this post Ruthi! i posted mine too in my blog. miss you!!!

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

Ruthi, we will have to find Rainfield's pic and post his. :-)

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover