Friday, August 6, 2010

My Other Passion

Once a cyber friend asked me... "What is your dream?" I gave it a deep thought for a minute. The question came out rather uncalled for.


No one asked me that kind of question for years. And I was assuming that only younger people are asked of that kind of question, aren't they?


But I felt that I couldn't get away with it so I came up with this answer... "I dream that someday... I will be able to have an exhibit of my growing collections of flowers".


Because true enough - I got the talent!


I love to paint. Yes, I love to paint as much as I love to write and blog. I always love to draw, color and paint for as long as I can remember. And I know I learned how to draw first before I was able to learn how to write.


I am always fascinated by colors.


I am always amused by lines.


And I am always interested with curves.


And though you always find me capturing the beauty of flowers with my lens... I first captured them with my brushes and color pallet.


And I posted them in canvas so I can forever be thankful of the talent that God gave me...


and to admire my passion on the wall.


Note: All of these masterpieces of mine are done with acrylic paint. They are all left behind when I migrated here in the US and were just photographed by my brother Japol. My paintings are signed "Achoot" which is how I am fondly called or addressed by those people who are really close to my heart.



17 comments:

rainfield61 said...

So good to learn that you are an artist. The flowers are very beautiful.

You have a big dream. I have a small one.

I dream to do hiking forever.

Ginny said...

Oh, you are so very talented! My favorites are the last two, I love how you are seeing the calla liies as holders for a candle. But you had to leave ALL of your paintings behind? Didn't you even get to bring your favorites? So have you painted much more here, and have you hung them on your walls? Where are the others staying that you couldn't bring? It would be cool to take a painting each week or each month, and make it into your header, then tell the story of it and how it inspired you!! I would love to see that as a regular blog feature.

Dave said...

Its nice to meet the other you, excellent work you have here.

Poetic Shutterbug said...

Your paintings are exquisite and the passion shines through them so beautifully. I love the first one. It's gorgeous.

Ruthi said...

@Rainfield... Thanks. Hiking for me is a wish.... and even how simple that wish I feel bad that I don't have the time to do it and afraid to do it alone.

Ruthi said...

@Ginny... I left all my painting at home. And I even left one unfinished. Hubby bought me a complete art materials 3 years ago that I need to be able to paint again but until now I haven't done anything. And with you suggestion... I think it is indeed a good idea. Maybe one of these days... I will paint again.

Ruthi said...

@Dave... thanks... but it's no big deal. Just like any passions I have... I grew tired of it and I know one day I will paint again. But for now, I am into photography.

Ruthi said...

@Poetic Shutterbug... Thanks. I wish I will get the passion back one of these days.

Anonymous said...

wow ang ganda :)

did you grow up with a well-to-do family?

sterndal

Tes said...

Oh my, those are really good, Ruthi! You are very talented, sister! Versatile! Writer, photographer, painter, a real artist! :)

fullet said...

I like so much your answer, and I hope you'll have an exhibit soon, you deserve it :)

Mumsy said...

Ruthi, you're a super multi-talented person. Beautiful paintings! I hope you still find time to do what you love..

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

Ruthi, I used to paint and was quite good. I had won an art scholarship and a contest but have laid the paint brush down. Don't do that. It is hard to come back. You will be happier if you let the art flow from your brush again. It makes one feel more complete.

Take care & G♥d bless!

betchai said...

oh Ruthi, we share on this same one, I too love to paint and have my collection hanging on our wall back home, but then, I have not picked up the brush since I got here :( and now was lost in using lens :( Maybe someday, maybe, I hope to let it flow again too. Love your work here Ruthi, i can tell the inclination in our photos and paintings, your paintings before then were of flowers and portraits ( my weakness), whereas mine were into landscapes, and when I took camera, I was into landscape right away :)

Evelyn said...

Lovely pieces. Dreams do come true :). Good luck.

Teri C said...

Very beautiful paintings here.
Come join us at the Twenty Minute Challenge. Try it before you think you can't do it. It makes us look at the essence of the subject.

Cee said...

Saw this post of yours from link within. I know it so late for a comment, but I just can't help it. You are so talented Ruthi! Good luck on your dreams. It's never too late to fulfill it. :)

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover