Sunday, August 8, 2010

Heart's Desire

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also..." Luke 12:34

Human beings are by nature prone to dream. Dream makes them alive. It helps them believe. It gives them hope.


Human beings are sometimes powered by desire. Desire makes them persistent. It helps them succeed. It gives them power.


And sometimes human beings are driven by both their own dreams and desires.


Their dreams and desires make them persevere to acquire what gives them the reasons to work hard.


Their dreams and desires help them to overcome hardship to achieve the sweet taste of success.


And their dreams and desire give them the inspiration to live better lives.


We treasure in our hearts so many of our dreams and desires. Sometimes we see them as the reasons why we need to get up in the morning... or the breath we breathe... or the food for our soul.


But dreams and desires should not be mistaken with illusions and obsessions. For there is a very thin line separating the two - and faith it is.





9 comments:

Ginny said...

What beautiful lily pictures! i love the stamens. You are so right about all this, a thin line. And also we need to make sure our drerams and desires are in line with what God wants for us.

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

I have to agree with you and Ginny. If our dreams are not in keeping with what God desires for us than they are truly not worth having or striving towards.

Mumsy said...

You are fantastic! Your words are beautiful and true..

rainfield61 said...

Because I have a dream, so I have to wake up to fulfill it.

Tes said...

Amazing macro, Ruthi girl! Love the details. :)

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Beautiful post, Ruthi. Your beautiful flowers were perfect while reading those powerful words....

Thanks so much for coming to my blog. Come back anytime.
Hugs,
Betsy

betchai said...

Ruthi, beautiful words again, and the photos are very lovely.

Self Sagacity said...

Hi Ruthi, thanks for stopping by my blog - BTW- I hate when people write that on my blog...but I won't stop there. I have a lot to say, like, most of the bloggers that have commented here are very close to Self Sagacity, therefore, I know I am in good company, and I am thinking Ruthi might be a newly found friend to put on my list. Secondly, that's a sweet meme for Sunday, and I will try to remember for the future. I love memes. Nice meeting you!

VanillaSeven said...

How true. Where we put our money are where we put our heart into

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover