Sunday, August 22, 2010

The First or... The Last?

"And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last." Luke 13:30

Everybody wants to be the first. Nobody wants to be the last.


Is life some kind of a race where there is a winner and a loser?


Is victory the ultimate goal in life or is it just how the world evolve?


Does losing mean the end of the world or it's just one way of looking at life?


Winning doesn't always mean a victory and losing doesn't always mean a defeat. What is important is... when you know in your heart that you tried your best... it is already the sweet taste of victory.


Prayer
Lord, help us to win the good fight of faith.
Help us to win the war against evil.
And in the end, when we lost our final battle to eternity...
May your Kingdom be our ultimate reward.



9 comments:

Ginny said...

Beautiful wildflowers! Sometimes because the winner is the last one, he sees the things at the end that the others miss because they are so busy racing forward.

rainfield61 said...

This is only a theory of comparison.

Jump out from the box and we are free.

Mumsy said...

I'm always amaze at your ability to write such inspiring post.

You lift my heart and spirit a little today, as I'm still having to go into the bank to try to work out my problem!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Great post on winning and losing, Ruthi.... You always write the BEST posts. It's true that none of us like to lose. When I used to work with kids, I always felt sorry for the child who was last to be chosen (when they were choosing teams)... I tried to change that by doing the choosing by NUMBERS instead of people....That seemed to work better and was much more fair...

Have a great week.
Hugs,
Betsy

SquirrelQueen said...

Oh Ruthi, this is a beautiful and very thoughtful post. I don't mind running in the race but if I see a beautiful flower or a butterfly I would probably be distracted and come in last.

DoanLegacy said...

Gorgeous series of photo, and your words are a reminder to slow down and pay tribute to God!

Patti said...

This is an inspiring post, Ruthi. I love what you've written and the photos of the wildflowers are beautiful.

I don't care if I'm not first. ;-)

betchai said...

Ruthi, these shots are very beautiful and very inspiring, from the eyes of a true artist like you, the compositions are really awesome.

Self Sagacity said...

I actually want to be the last sometimes. just so I can see what I need to do to be better. :-) this doesn't always work out though.

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover