Friday, July 16, 2010

Forever

Grow Old With You

I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you
I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you
Feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you

Note: It was one of the songs from the movie... The Wedding Singer starred by Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore
Mom and Dad

I have been married for only 3 years. It may not be that long but it felt almost like forever.

14th May 1964

Forever. Is there such a thing? How long is forever? Is there an expiration date for a relationship?

25th Wedding Anniversary [1989]

Forever. It is not a time frame. It is not measured by time or space. And it is not wrapped in time capsule.

31st Year of Marriage 1995. It was this year too when Dad passed away.
Five years after, Mom joined him to forever.

Forever. It is a mind frame. It is the ultimate measure of commitment. And it is wrapped in silver lining behind the dark clouds of trials and challenges that a relationship went through.


Mom and Dad on the other hand, stayed married for 31 years. They married each other the first time they fell in love with each other and stayed married until... "death did they part". They stayed married with each other until the end. And kept the promise of forever until forever is gone.

 --------------------------------------------

Thank you Lord for reminding me through my parents' commitment to each other... that love is not disposable as it seemed to be now. Give me and my husband the strength that you once gave my parents to weather the storm of marriage and the fidelity that you have for your people. Amen






5 comments:

Len said...

Wow sis Ruthi, such a nice post today. My parents have been married for 41 years now...how I wish James and I could also be together for the same number of years! Thanks for sharing the lovely photos of your Mom and Dad. Been thinking of joining your Grateful Heart group! :-)

Ginny said...

Hi Ruthie, I just found this blog. I had been commenting on your other blog, how many do you have? I love these pictures of your parents, what a wonderful tribute and remembrance!! It brings tears to my eyes. I saw the Wedding Singer and really liked it, and like these words you used for this post! I'm signing up to follow this blog, too.

betchai said...

Ruthi, another really wonderful post, your thoughts put into words are just simply amazing, and I love your prayers as well.

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

Ruthi, sorry I did not join you yesterday. This month I work Saturdays and it is just throwing me completely off. :-) Your post is lovely.

My parents renewed their vows when they celebrated their 50th. (Do you know how old I would have to be to experience the same thing?) :-) It was very nice and your memory of your parents is equally nice. God bless your marriage!

Icy BC said...

Beautiful post Ruthi! Your parents kind of marriage is now very rare..

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover