Friday, July 9, 2010

After 3 years... You are still the "One"

"You're Still The One"

(When I first saw you, I saw love.
And the first time you touched me, I felt love.
And after
all this time, you're still the one I love.)
Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

The Wedding at the Lighthouse - 7th July 2007

This is one of my favorite songs that I play in my car radio over and over every time I drive to and from work. I love the melody for one... but the lyrics do fit my present predicament and that makes it more enjoyable to listen to.


Hubby and I celebrated our 3rd Year Wedding Anniversary last Wednesday, 7th of July. Yes, it has been 3 years already and so far we are still together. It may not be very long compared to some couples who are celebrating their silver or golden... but nowadays where relationships are threatened by break-ups, separation and divorce... 3 years is long enough.


Our 3 years love affair isn't perfect but we are perfectly doing our best to keep the promises we made 3 years ago. And for a span of 3 years we went through a lot of trials and challenges but our love and faith in each other kept us stronger. And now... after 3 years... we are still "ONE"... and we thank God for that.






8 comments:

rainfield61 said...

And best wishes to you for those coming three+three+three+three.... years

betchai said...

congratulations Ruthi, glad you have a wonderful 3 years anniversary, wishing you both more loving and joyful years to come.

Kimmy said...

Ruthi, I have been married over 19 years. For me, the words to that song are still true today. You will have times that get rough. Through God, faith, and always putting each other first, you can get through anything. I can tell you, year 3, 7, and then 10 were rough. The only advice is when things get rough, focus on the LOVE. After the first 10, the last 9 have been CAKE! Good luck!

Makis said...

Three years is already significant in our generation where marriage (or relationships) have become disposable :) Happy 3 years & here's to more!

ps: I love your photos :)

Icy BC said...

Congratulation on your anniversary, ruthi! Wishing you many more years..

Ebie said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary! May your love for each other grows stronger and ever!

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

Ruthi, CONGRATS! This day in age,that is pretty spectacular, and you definitely have your priorities straight to sail through the next 30+! :-)

SquirrelQueen said...

A belated Happy Anniversary. May you have many, many more years of happiness together.

I love that song, it still fits our life together after 15 years.

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover