Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Sinner

"Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little." Luke 7:47


I am a sinner. Who isn't? I am a big time sinner but I am not very proud of it. There are some people who sinned against me and there are a lot of reasons why they did. On the contrary, there are a lot of people too that I have sinned against and there a many reasons why I did. I can't keep tab of them but I do acknowledge them. I am aware that my transgression is my own doing.


I am a sinner. Though I ask forgiveness for my sins there are times that I choose not. There are few people who forgave me even if I didn't ask for it and I am grateful for that. On the other hand, there are less who chose not to forgive and the feeling is mutual. I can't do anything but to keep my fingers crossed that I will not die tomorrow and face my Creator unprepared.


I am a sinner. I am no Saint. I am human... but that is not an excuse!


A Sinner's Prayer
Lord, I am a sinner... please give me the strength to forgive and forget.
Give me the wisdom to be able to understand those who sinned against me and a humble heart to forgive them and eventually to forget.


Lord, I am a sinner... please grant me the ability to forgive and forget.
Open my eyes to see the sincerity of the people who are asking for my forgiveness and open my heart to accept their weaknesses.


Lord, I am a sinner... please be patient with me if I cannot forgive and forget... yet.
I will surely come around in the right time with your grace.
 Help me to change the wrong things that I can... the strength to accept the things that I cannot change... and the wisdom to know the difference.




4 comments:

betchai said...

oh Ruthi, the meaning and message of the words in your post is so striking, and so are your pictures. all wonderful.

Icy BC said...

Beautiful pictures, and your message about sins is very provoking in my thoughts on sin. I have sins, both small and big, so pray..I pray for forgiveness!

Dave said...

i love the soft touch on the flowers, and thanks for the enlightenment.

Bonnie Bonsai said...

As it happens, no one is righteous Ruthi. Your chords in poetry is very relevant to today's moral attitude of the society including myself. Great way to emote with words. You are truly a gifted person.

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover