Sunday, June 6, 2010

Promises

"The LORD has sworn and will not change his mind..." Psalms 110:4

Promises... how many have you kept? How many have you broken? And how many have you forgotten?


Promises... is it a commitment? Is it a responsibility? Or is it just an excuse?


Promises... does is require sincerity? Doest it need to be whole-heartedly given? And does it come with a guarantee?


We always make promises. It is not a bad thing. It is in fact in our human nature to make promises. We are capable of using our words to buy out people's "trust". And people use our very own "words" to hold on to that trust given to us.


We always try our best to keep our promises. It is a good thing. It is in fact one way of making people know how we value our words. And people who trust us use those words to value us in return.


And we always hold our promises as our personal legacy. It is both good and bad. It is in fact good if we were able to keep our promises. It is in fact bad if we broke them. And people will always remember us for our words... no matter how we truly value them.


The accidents of life separate us from our dearest friends, but let us not despair.
God is like a looking glass in which souls see each other.
The more we are united to Him by love,
the nearer we are to those who belong to Him.


7 comments:

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

I truly value promises so am reluctant to give them unless I am certain I can keep mine. God's promises are certain.

Tes said...

Beautiful thoughts, Ruthi girl! Lovely photos too. :)

Tes said...

Lovely photos that goes well with beautiful thoughts. Love it, Ruthi girl!

Icy BC said...

I like your take on promises, and I don't make promise unless I know I can carry it out..

Poetic Shutterbug said...

Beautiful photos and inspirational words. Very nicely done, Ruthi. Also thanks for your comment on my new book. I would be happy to help you and give you info on publishing yours. Email me at joanneolivieri@sbcglobal.net

Thanks.

betchai said...

beautiful thoughts and photos, Ruthi, love these shots you have on the lake and thanks for the words to ponder.

rainfield61 said...

I never promise that I'll promise, but I'll try my best to keep promises if I had promised.

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover