Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Follower


"And he said to all, 'If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake, he will save it.'" Luke 9:23-24

As a child... I was a bit stubborn. I remember I had a hard time following orders. And mother wasn't very happy when it happened.


As a student... I was a bit stubborn. I remember I had some issues with following school rules and regulations. And Mother Superior wasn't very happy with my actions.


As a grown-up... I am still a bit stubborn. And I remember that I am trying my best to follow my heart. And I can tell it's the mother instinct in me.


Everyone wants to be a leader. Everyone wants to give order. And no one wants to follow. As a child... Mother taught me that obedience is a virtue. As a student... I learned that deference as a sign of humility. And as a grown-up... I value submission as a strength of character.


As a follower... we follow because we believe in the leader's strength. As a leader... we follow because be believe that it is the right way to lead. And as a human being... we follow because our hearts say so.



7 comments:

Ebie said...

Ruthi, a very enlightening post. Growing up, I was more a follower than a leader. Even now, I am so hesitant to act as one.

Your butterfly shots are gorgeous!I have never seen a lot of them converge in one spot!

Icy BC said...

I love the way you conveyed "submission as a strength of character." So true and wonderful to think of it this way!

Dave said...

lucky you, i am dying to photograph a butterfly, it seems i cant find here.

excellent work.

Dave said...

PS,

Ruthi, you can find the mouse-over tutorial here http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddvb5r5w_25drz56qhb

Dave here

Cee said...

Aww great post Ruthi! I love it..

I guess, no one can really be a great leader who does not become a follower first.

Have a good day!

I Love-Hate America by Bing said...

What a very enlightening reminder...thanks for sharing.

betchai said...

Ruthi, your words of wisdom speak volume, speak of the strength of character in you. I am so proud to be your friend. and your butterfly shots, you know, I envy you :) hehehehe, I never saw butterflies that much, i have some shots, but the most in one frame is 3 and not as good. that's why i mostly have just one butterfly in my picture.

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover