Friday, May 28, 2010

She... the Woman


She
May be the face I can't forget
The trace of pleasure or regret
May be my treasure or the price I have to pay


She
May be the song that summer sings
May be the chill that autumn brings
May be a hundred different things
Within the measure of a day


She
May be the beauty or the beast
May be the famine or the feast
May turn each day into a heaven or a hell


She
May be the mirror of my dreams
The smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell


She
Who always seems so happy in a crowd
Whose eyes can be so private and so proud
No one's allowed to see them when they cry


She
May be the love that cannot hope to last
May come to me from shadows of the past
That I'll remember till the day I die


She
May be the reason I survive
The why and wherefore I'm alive
The one I'll care for through the rough in ready years


Me
I'll take her laughter and her tears
And make them all my souvenirs
For where she goes I've got to be
The meaning of my life is...


She
She... oh, she...


Being a woman is fun. For me, being a woman is a privilege.
Being a woman has more exciting benefits. And being a woman is a challenge.
But I am not complaining. I am not whining [although sometimes it seems like I do, wink*] 
And I am not seriously complicated as I seem to be.


I am happy being a woman. I am happy with what life has to offer.
I am a woman to the max and I'm in-charge of my life.
Thank God, I am a woman!



12 comments:

kulasa said...

enjoyed the post sis!

rainfield61 said...

Can I say, I am proud to be a man too?

I have to ask silently since you have shouted so proudly.

betchai said...

Ruthi, this is such a wonderful post, bravo! love love all the pictures, and how creative you are to put them in between the lyrics of the song. thanks for making my day, ruthi

Cher said...

this post rocks, sis! superduper enjoyed,liked & loved it. i love that song too!

have a great weekend!

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

The poem and the scrap book pieces are just so inspiring. Yes! I love being a woman, but hate the bias against us. We are awesomely made.

Ruthi said...

@Kulasa... thanks Amiga. I appreciate it.

Ruthi said...

@Rainfield... yes, you are the man! wink*

Ruthi said...

@Betchai... thank you too my friend. You always make my day too by visiting my blog.

Ruthi said...

@Cher... it is one of my favorite songs too. It makes me cry don't know why. hehehehe

Ruthi said...

@Judy... I know what you mean about the biases. Double standard of morality always puts us second best.

Len said...

Ruthi, I like this song and I wrote a speech on Toastmasters using this song, the speech was about my mother. You are so creative to put all of the photos together and to accompany them with lyrics...I love looking at them. Well done, Ruthi! :-)

Ebie said...

Oh, Ruthi, what a wonderful post and scrap!

I remember that song...

You are a great artist and a writer! Here's some inspiration: keep writing!

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover