Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Light

And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine upon it, for the glory of God is its light, and its lamp is the Lamb. Revelation 21:23

No one wants to be in the dark. No one wants to be left out in the dark. And no one wants to stay in the dark.


Darkness is frightening to a lot of people. Darkness is a curse to some.  And darkness is like death to a few.


The lack of light is significant. The presence of light is a blessing. The light in the dark is a miracle.



Let your light shine.
Shine within you so that it can shine on someone else.
Let your light shine.
Oprah Winfrey



8 comments:

betchai said...

oh, Ruthi, these pictures makes me teary eyed, why? It is just so peaceful, and the fog rising from the lake looks very heavenly, very true, the presence of light is a blessing, as shown in your terrific pictures.

Ruthi said...

@Betchai... thanks Sistah. I was in awe too when I took this photo. Glad that I had the cam in my car and when I was passing by that early morning going to work I really stopped to take those photos. I was few minutes late in work. lol

Poetic Shutterbug said...

Ruthi, what a beautiful message and glorious photos. They are just so peaceful, serene and spiritual. Very nice.

Cee said...

These pictures are exquisitely captured. And it brings mix of emotions. Love it!

Every Thought Counts

Ruthi said...

@PS... Thanks for visiting. I appreciate it.

Ruthi said...

@Cee... Thanks, I had that mix of emotions too when I was taking those photos... it was really awesome.

Icy BC said...

Gorgeous pictures, Ruthi! You're quite an inspiring writer..

Icy BC said...

Ruthi,
You've been tagged! Since you have many blogs, do it on whatever blog that works for you, if you decide to participate!

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover