Sunday, April 18, 2010

On Trusting

"He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, "Do you love me?" And he said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you." Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep."John 21:17

Peter is willing to do anything for Jesus simply because he trusts him... he knows him... and he loves him. At hindsight... does trust go hand-in-hand with faith... acceptance... and love? Peter is willing to sacrifice everything for the love of God. He is willing to sacrifice for Jesus not because he is his friend but because he trust his friend. He is willing to do anything even die for him [which eventually happened according to the Bible] not only to prove that he accepted his faith but because his faith made him capable of accepting his savior. And he is willing to do everything not because he loves Jesus... but because he knows that Jesus loves him back.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Trust. Is it too expensive to give or to cheap to keep? Is given as a hunch or grabbed as a prize bag? Or is it as precious as gold or as meaningless as tin can?


Sometimes we trust out of basic instinct. Sometimes we trust out of pity. And sometimes we trust out of common sense.


Are people who can easily trust another person... gifted? Are they more compassionate compared with people who are having a hard time trusting? Or are they just more understanding of people in general.


Is trust a virtue? I believe it's highly debatable. There will be an explosion of opinions and personal justification if we will discuss this. But one thing is certain and I so believe that...  Trust is a gift. However, gift is earned and is given. It may be easy to trust someone who are more adorable and lovable... or someone who is a family or friend... or somebody who is more powerful and generous. But still... trusting always comes with a dash of faith.



When I'm trusting and being myself...
everything in my life reflects this by falling into place easily,
often miraculously.
Shakti Gawain


5 comments:

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

Ruthi, this is so inspiring and insightful. To trust is not always easy, especially for those who have been continually betrayed or let down. One thing is for sure, God will not let us down. We will let ourselves down first.

Take care & God bless.

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

You've been tagged!
Please come and see me.

Ruthi said...

@Judy... I agree He never let me down.

BTW, I already did the tags. Thanks for your faith in me.

bingkee said...

I could say being trustworthy is a virtue.
Trusting God is the ultimate manifestation of our faith----it means we put our faith into action.

Ruthi said...

@Bingkee... I agree with you. faith should be put into action to be able to manifest it. Thanks for visiting.

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover