Sunday, April 11, 2010

Faith

"Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." John 20:29

Faith... that's all we need to believe. That's all we need to see what is not before our eyes. That's all we need to take what is not handed to us. And that's all we need to face life's challenges.


Faith... it's all that matters when we are losing hope. It is all that matters when we are losing grip of our senses. It is all that matters when we are having a hard time accepting our destiny. And it is all that matters when we are confronted with our false judgment.


Faith... it's either we have it or we lost it. We believe because we hope. We don't believe because we gave up on hope. And we hope that it is what really give us the strength to live.


Where faith is there is courage, there is fortitude, there is steadfastness and strength... Faith bestows that sublime courage that rises superior to the troubles and disappointments of life, that acknowledges no defeat except as a step to victory; that is strong to endure, patient to wait, and energetic to struggle... Light up, then, the lamp of faith in your heart... It will lead you safely through the mists of doubt and the black darkness of despair; along the narrow, thorny ways of sickness and sorrow, and over the treacherous places of temptation and uncertainty.
-James Allen


5 comments:

Icy BC said...

Beautiful post, Ruthi! Faith was all I have when I hit dead end, and it has saved me over and over again.

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

Ruthi, so inspiring and uplifting. Your faith is not misplaced.

God bless!

Ruthi said...

@Icy... Same with me my friend. Faith is the only thing I brought with me when I came in this strange place.

Ruthi said...

@Judy... Thanks Judy... my faith is my strength.

Lon Anderson said...

I find the words written here . . . very profound! For me, I believe hope and faith is a very powerful tool, as long as I don't go into it, with doubt . . . or fear.

Beautiful photos as well!

Thank you Ruthi, for sharing,

Lon

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover