Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Calling

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand.
John 10:27-28


I was told by a priest that "there are many ways to serve God" and serving God is not always what we have in mind.


Serving God is the ultimate purpose of our creation, but God I believe did not create us to be his slave to serve Him.

Serving God is one way of showing our gratefulness for all the blessings that he gave us, but God I presume  expect us to share those blessings to all his creation.

And serving God is a calling that most of his creation should heed and yet chose to ignore, but God I assume is patiently waiting for us to make that decision to follow our calling.


Prayer indeed is good,
but while calling on the gods
a man should himself lend a hand.
Hippocrates
[460 BC - 377 BC]


5 comments:

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

It is hard to know our "calling" at times, but it is obvious that He calls us to serve, as He asked us to feed his sheep. If we have no money to offer, we do have kindness and friendship.

I like your message. Thanks for sharing.

Icy BC said...

I love these shots, Ruthi, and I believe there are many ways to serve God too..I like your thoughts about this.

Ruthi said...

@Judy... I agree with you... it is really hard to know our calling... especially if we do not know how to listen.

Ruthi said...

@Icy... Thanks. Yes, I agree there are many ways to serve God.

betchai said...

love your photos Ruthi, so awesome, and love the thoughts you put about our calling.

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover