Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Time for Spring

Springtime is a time for birth and re-birth. This is the time for renewal and revival. And this is the time for a new perspective.



This is not my first spring here in Maine. So I don't have so much expectation except that by this time I have to re-do and update my resume so I can start looking for another prospective career to seek better future. I have been working for almost a year now and with the experience I gained from my very first job here in my new home, I guess the adjustment period is long over. It's about time to move on and move forward. I need to make myself useful, more productive (translation: work and earn more money to keep up with the bills) and updated.



Being out of work during my first year away from home makes me realized the real value of "work". I was able to appreciate work because doing nothing is harder. And I was able to appreciate money too because having none is worse.



But it's almost spring now. Now, it's about time to make plans for a better future. Optimism is like hope... it springs eternal.

4 comments:

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

I will say a prayer for you as you go on your quest. In Michigan there are so few jobs that we realize if we have we need to hold onto it! I have 3 children (grown) out of work.

Take care & God bless.

Ruthi said...

Oh Judy...thanks so much. It means a lot to me. I have been here in the US for only 3 years and I have been working for only a year and still part-time. Never realized that life is tough here too because we had a different concept of the US when I was back home. Thanks again and I really appreciate it.

Tes said...

Beautiful shot, girlfriend! I know what you mean about realizing the value of work. I did not work right away when I got here in the USA. I really value that time, gave me a chance to reflect and appreciate the value of "work" Thanks for sharing your sentiments, girl! Miss you! Am out of circulation for a while. *hugs*

betchai said...

love your shots, Ruthi. I am wishing you the best in your search for new job. you are so right, we never thought before that life in US is not as bed of roses as we thought it was, it is tough here as well.

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover