Monday, March 8, 2010

The Oak Trees on Cape Road

Proudly standing in front of our yard... watching me everyday as I struggle with my daily life... waving goodbye as I leave for work and patiently waiting as I come home from work.

[SPRING on Cape Road]



[SUMMER on Cape Road]


Silently standing in front of our house... watching me everyday as I learn a culture not my own… comforting me as I cried many times when I missed home or as I cracked in loud giggles when I was on the phone talking to a loved one from home.


[FALL on Cape Road]


[WINTER on Cape Road]

Magnificently standing by the road side… keeping me protected from my personal frustrations or daily confusions… giving assurance that life is temporary as the changing seasons and like the changing season life is a permanent cycle that will continuously evolve.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Life is a mystery as they say. We struggle. We fight. We survive. We fall. We stand up. We fall again. We give up. We fight back. We succeed. We fail. We surrender. We conquer. And life goes on.



And with all the business we do with our life... there are countless blessings that we see or we fail to see. But with every opportunity we take or fail to take. There are silent witnesses that we sometime recognize or simply ignore.


Reflect on your present blessings, of which every man has many;
not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
Charles Dickens (1812 - 1870)

5 comments:

Tes said...

This is well-written, girl! Makes one think. I love the parting quote: Reflect on your present blessings, of which every man has many. I will carry the thought to bed tonight. Mwa! Oh and that photo is amazing! Lovely effect!

piebuko said...

beautiful post ruthi. i love this one. We also had this old tree in front of our house and I especially loved it when it rained because the bark was all wet. It was just beautiful. I'd sit in front of the window and I'd write poems after poems. :)

betchai said...

oh Ruthi, captivating words and pictures all in one, i love how you captured it in all seasons.

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

Wonderful and thought provoking. I could not ask for a better message to take to bed with me tonight. Thanks and God bless.

Icy BC said...

Beautiful post, Ruthi..I like all the seasons from just one perspective..It shows the changes that we must go through..

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover