Sunday, August 23, 2009

the unfaithful

"Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." (John 20:29)

There will always be a "doubting Thomas" among us. This is human nature. The human spirit is frail when it is subjected to sufferings. The human spirit is weak when it is under intensed trials. And the human spirit is fragile when it is pressured by hardship.

Doubts set in everytime the human spirit is shattered by disappointments, frustrations, and dejections. When Jesus was captured, crucified, and died on the cross, a lot of his followers were shattered. Jesus was their joy. Jesus was their healer. And Jesus was their only hope.

But they didn't understand anything at that time. Even the desciples. That is why Thomas was doubtful. He was doubtful not because he has no faith in Jesus. He was doubtful not because he didn't love Jesus. And he was doubtful not because he has given up on Jesus. He was doubtful because he was a human spirit torn and hurt by what had happened to the person he loved.

A lot of times, my spirit is shattered when I am disappointed with my life. Most of the time, my spirit is shattered when I am frustrated with my heart's desire. And sometimes, my spirit is shattered when I am face with rejections.

I am a doubting Thomas too most of the time. I am unfaithful. But God never gives up on me. He remains faithful. He is faithful.

Spiritual Musing Sunday

No comments:

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover