Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sleepless in Maine

I still wake up in the middle of night trying to catch my precious breath… panting and dripping wet in perspiration despite below zero temperature.

Spending sleepless nights is not new to me. I may not be a night person but there would be times that I would wake up in the middle of the night for no reason at all. Well, the trips to the bathroom is not considered a valid reason but I have been spending sleepless nights for over a week now and there is no way I can catch up with my beauty sleep during the day too [unlike before] because of my present change of predicament.

It has been a week now since I had that almost fatal car accident at Waterboro Road but the scene keeps playing on my mind over and over again and I can’t seem to make it stop. The scene keeps coming back too even when I am wide awake. And it keeps bugging me every single moment that I am not destructed by my work load. For a change, this is the only instance that “work – per se” works as a destruction… in a most positive way.

It’s hard to start the day when you didn’t have a good night sleep. But the situation in the home front is kinda different now since I got my new job. I couldn’t be happier to do a “real” job now after being a bum stay-at-home wife for almost two years. But what makes my day even worse is that I had to drive down the same road [where I had the car accident] to go to work and back everyday now because that is the shortest route to reach my workplace. And I have no choice. I need a job so I need to deal with my fear everyday from now on.

On the hindsight, the accident opened up my heart to really understand the meaning of life. It gave me a chance to really know how precious life is. It gave me an opportunity to appreciate God’s gift without reservation and doubt. It gave me the possibility to see the goodness in other people and strangers alike who stopped on the road ready to help us. And more importantly, it gave me a second chance to live life to the fullest with a different perspective... a renewed hope... and a stronger faith in God.

NOTE: To read about the full detail of the car acciddent... click here.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover